Been sorting out my old iMac files as I’m selling the machine for a recent Mac Studio upgrade.
Stumbled upon this hilarious screenshot of an email exchange I had with a Rob Hopkins.
My wife forgot to add the e at the end of my surname (Hope) in my email address, when sending our Airbnb trip details. Rob Hopkins got it and kindly forwarded it back to me:
Brought such a smile to my face, I’m so glad I preserved this moment.
A few added thoughts at this time in my life:
- The 27″ late-2015 iMac was and still is an incredible machine. It was a total pleasure to use for 8 years. The only reason I’m upgrading is the need for more CPU power to edit and export video faster. For design and development it’s still excellent.
- I should have made a faster call on if I should stick with the Hey.com email provider. I spent too long debating and once I reverted back to Gmail, I had lost months of email exchanges within the platform. Today, this still stings me with the odd conversation I can’t recall easily in Gmail search.
- Try not bury these fun moments multiple folders deep on old computers or drives. Upload them in Dropbox in a ‘Moments’ folder, drag them into Notion in a ‘Moments’ page or even blog them like this.
- Forty 2023
- Meet Oliver 2023
- Deeper 2023
- A new chapter 2023
- Ultra-Trail Cape Town 2022 2023
- We bought a plot 2023
- Married 2023
- Ultra-Trail Drakensberg 2022 2023
- Buying Happiness 2023
- The Martial, the Badger and the Secretary General 2023
- A disposable camera selfie with Fat Mike 2023
- Not seeing an Osprey 2023
- Being a tourist in your own country 2023
- Don’t be the victim 2023
- Back from surfing Mentawai 2023
- “A tale from Witzenhausen” WCEU 2019 Talk 2023
- Getting back into birding 2023
- Fractured my elbow… 2023
- Yo! Namibia 2023
- “Why All You Need Is One Page” WCCT 2016 Talk 2023
- “Going Niche with One Page Love” WCCT 2013 Talk 2023