Working solo online, the only way I can truly move the needle is if I’m held accountable.
I remember being on a weekend away, somewhere inland South Africa and sitting stuck refining tip 40-something. I spent 3hrs on 3 sentences. But got it done.
If you are reading this, I know you know this feeling.
“I’ll just skip it.”
“I’ll just do it tomorrow.”
If I skipped that Tweet. I would have done it again. And again.
Results are showing: more sponsor revenue, more submissions/MRR on One Page Love, more community interaction and it’s forced me to build better systems to help get them out.
These systems don’t get built without the promise.
Respect to anyone who can do it silently, but personally without making the promise and being held accountable… I overthink, stall and don’t ship.
Feeling stuck? Start with a small promise, do whatever it takes to deliver and you will start to see the needle move.
- My Virtual Desktop Misc
- AudioNot.es was acquired by AudioPen Misc
- Email Love has a new home EML
- A short story (of hesitation) behind the yo.fm domain Yo!
- Announcing Lemon Squeezy as the exclusive 2023 Yo! Podcast sponsor Yo!
- Is Pinterest worth investing in as a content creator? OPL
- How I made my first side-product Dollar online Misc
- Love Curated dot com LC
- Black Friday 2021 LPHT Experiment Results LPHT
- Discontinuing Email Newsletter Discovery EML
- UX Love is set for 2022/23 UXL
- Discontinuing the Yo! Podcast supporters club Yo!
- What happened to Yo! on YouTube? Yo!
- My workspace is really coming together Misc
- Yo! Podcast Artwork Illustrations Yo!
- 100 Tweet Thread LPHT
- The 2008 moment I thought up One Page Love OPL
- How I negotiated the $5k Email Love dot com domain EML
- The Email Love Game Plan EML
- Why I green-lit the Email Love project EML
- Email Love Announcement EML
- Yo! Halloween (YouTube finale) Yo!
- 3 Lessons Growing One Page Love from Side Project to Full Time Job OPL
- How One Page Love Monetizes (2018 Edition) OPL