Birding is lame right? Resetting my local SA bird list was one of the best things I’ve done in recent years. I’m currently on 281 and hoping to get to around 600 in my lifetime.
Truth is, if I don’t get near that it’s ok. What non-birders don’t realize is seeing a sought-after bird is a fraction of the fun. It’s all about the adventure trying.
It gets us researching and learning. It gets us planning and traveling. It gets us outside and exercising. It get us together with old friends, sharing stories of recent twitches.
There are so many similarities to chasing waves that it’s no surprise so many surfers appreciate birding too.
- Ultra-Trail Cape Town 2022 2022
- We bought a plot 2022
- Married 2022
- Ultra-Trail Drakensberg 2022 2022
- Buying Happiness 2022
- The Martial, the Badger and the Secretary General 2022
- A disposable camera selfie with Fat Mike 2022
- Being a tourist in your own country 2022
- Don’t be the victim 2022
- Back from surfing Mentawai 2022
- “A tale from Witzenhausen” WCEU 2019 Talk 2022
- Getting back into birding 2022
- Fractured my elbow… 2022
- Yo! Namibia 2022
- “Why All You Need Is One Page” WCCT 2016 Talk 2022
- “Going Niche with One Page Love” WCCT 2013 Talk 2022