Not seeing an Osprey
Birding is lame right? Resetting my local SA bird list was one of the best things I’ve done in recent years. I’m currently on 281 and hoping to get to around 600 in my lifetime.
Truth is, if I don’t get near that it’s ok. What non-birders don’t realize is seeing a sought-after bird is a fraction of the fun. It’s all about the adventure trying.
It gets us researching and learning. It gets us planning and traveling. It gets us outside and exercising. It get us together with old friends, sharing stories of recent twitches.
There are so many similarities to chasing waves that it’s no surprise so many surfers appreciate birding too.
Here I am trying to see an Osprey in Stanford. We didn’t see it but it was awesome trying.
- A moment with Rob Hopkins 2023
- Deeper 2023
- A new chapter 2023
- Ultra-Trail Cape Town 2022 2023
- We bought a plot 2023
- Married 2023
- Ultra-Trail Drakensberg 2022 2023
- Buying Happiness 2023
- The Martial, the Badger and the Secretary General 2023
- A disposable camera selfie with Fat Mike 2023
- Being a tourist in your own country 2023
- Don’t be the victim 2023
- Back from surfing Mentawai 2023
- “A tale from Witzenhausen” WCEU 2019 Talk 2023
- Getting back into birding 2023
- Fractured my elbow… 2023
- Yo! Namibia 2023
- “Why All You Need Is One Page” WCCT 2016 Talk 2023
- “Going Niche with One Page Love” WCCT 2013 Talk 2023