After dating for 13 years, Klaud and I decided to make things official!
We also decided to avoid the headache of planning a big wedding. Instead, we used the money towards paying more into our Romansbaai plot bond and go on a dream trip to Portugal & Spain.
On Saturday 10 September 2022 we had a wedding officiant (Neil) come to our Lakeside home and, along with my mom and dad as witnesses, marry us. It was lovely and took about 20 mins.
Us 5 then drank bubbles (non alcoholic bubbles for my naughty parents) and shared heartfelt stories of when they were once married (in Knysna) back in the day.
The next day we celebrated our vows with only a handful of close family at the beautiful Casa Labia in Muizenberg, 5 mins from our home. The venue also overlooks the waves I spent most of my youth surfing.
All photography by Meg Stander unless stipulated.
It was perfect.
- Deeper 2023
- A new chapter 2023
- Ultra-Trail Cape Town 2022 2023
- We bought a plot 2023
- Ultra-Trail Drakensberg 2022 2023
- Buying Happiness 2023
- The Martial, the Badger and the Secretary General 2023
- A disposable camera selfie with Fat Mike 2023
- Not seeing an Osprey 2023
- Being a tourist in your own country 2023
- Don’t be the victim 2023
- Back from surfing Mentawai 2023
- “A tale from Witzenhausen” WCEU 2019 Talk 2023
- Getting back into birding 2023
- Fractured my elbow… 2023
- Yo! Namibia 2023
- “Why All You Need Is One Page” WCCT 2016 Talk 2023
- “Going Niche with One Page Love” WCCT 2013 Talk 2023