Black Friday 2021 LPHT Experiment Results
For Black Friday 2021 I wanted to try something different…
To say thanks to my top Ebook affiliates (all legends!) I wanted to give them 50% of the Black Friday sale price. The results are at the bottom but first a little context on what the deal looked like and how it was launched:
BF 2021 Deal Context
Using the links under each affiliate, the Ebook purchaser could support a creator/friend they admire with 50% of the $20 Black Friday sale price.
So they get $10, I get $10 ❤️
That’s only $20 (normally $49 – saving 60%) for 100 actionable Landing Page Hot Tips in Ebook, Kindle, Audiobook, Notion formats including bonus pre-launch checklists.
The deal page was on the URL robhope.com/bf2021 and looked like this:
Clicking a red button would take the user to the Gumroad product page with the Black Friday 60% discount actioned plus the relevant affiliate code applied.
BF 2021 Launch Tweet
Instead of competing with the masses on actual Black Friday, I dropped this Tweet on Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 4PM Central Africa Time, 9AM Eastern Time:
Trying a lil something different for #BlackFriday this year…
🔥📖The Landing Page Hot Tips Ebook📖🔥
..is only $20 (save 60%)..
but YOU CHOOSE which of my top affiliates to give 50% to: https://t.co/LP1fab7cRX
A small way to support a creator you might know with a tenner❤️ pic.twitter.com/HbiOjADkGz
— Rob Hope 🇿🇦 (@robhope) November 16, 2021
Here are the Tweet analytics up until end Cyber Monday, 30 November 2021:
BF 2021 Results
Here are the experiment results up until end Cyber Monday, 30 November 2021:
📊 143 sales
📬 $3,228 rev
❤️ 143 new friends with Hot Tips
🙏 $1,614 to my top affiliates
A huge thanks to everyone involved and to everyone who spread the word, very happy with the experiment 🙂
Interesting addition 10 days later: 3 of the 4 “Hot Tips” Ebook refunds this year have been since the deal.
“I expected a much better ebook”
“I was expecting 18x pages of content that delved deep”
Got to be tough in this online game but also remember refunds are just part of process. So if you ever get a refund, remember it simply wasn’t for them.
- A short story (of hesitation) behind the yo.fm domain Yo!
- Announcing Lemon Squeezy as the exclusive 2023 Yo! Podcast sponsor Yo!
- Is Pinterest worth investing in as a content creator? OPL
- How I made my first side-product Dollar online Misc
- Love Curated dot com LC
- Discontinuing Email Newsletter Discovery EML
- UX Love is set for 2022/23 UXL
- Discontinuing the Yo! Podcast supporters club Yo!
- What happened to Yo! on YouTube? Yo!
- My workspace is really coming together Misc
- Yo! Podcast Artwork Illustrations Yo!
- 100 Tweet Thread LPHT
- The 2008 moment I thought up One Page Love OPL
- How I negotiated the $5k Email Love dot com domain EML
- The Email Love Game Plan EML
- Why I green-lit the Email Love project EML
- Email Love Announcement EML
- Yo! Halloween (YouTube finale) Yo!
- 3 Lessons Growing One Page Love from Side Project to Full Time Job OPL
- How One Page Love Monetizes (2018 Edition) OPL