I’m super stubborn with certain things.
I won’t blink to pay for a pricey item that improves my work productivity but I will sit with old surf gear for years.
Surfing brings me so much joy and it’s a brilliant escape from working online. It’s honestly invaluable to my quality of life.
Recently, after a few pep talks from friends, I splashed out on a new wetsuit and this awesome Rocket Wide Al Merrick board:
Literally one surf in, I was surfing better and felt like a completely different person.
The board is really forgiving when you bog rail and holds a ton of drive when you need it. Absolutely everything about this purchase made surfing more enjoyable.
Yes, happiness is temporary but this exchange for money changed everything in a positive way. I need to be less stubborn on buying gear for activities that enrich my life.
This week I got to take it for a spin at one of my favorite waves Elands Bay (West Coast, South Africa) and it was a blast:
Thanks John Wilkinson for the pics!
- A new chapter 2023
- Ultra-Trail Cape Town 2022 2023
- We bought a plot 2023
- Married 2023
- Ultra-Trail Drakensberg 2022 2023
- The Martial, the Badger and the Secretary General 2023
- A disposable camera selfie with Fat Mike 2023
- Not seeing an Osprey 2023
- Being a tourist in your own country 2023
- Don’t be the victim 2023
- Back from surfing Mentawai 2023
- “A tale from Witzenhausen” WCEU 2019 Talk 2023
- Getting back into birding 2023
- Fractured my elbow… 2023
- Yo! Namibia 2023
- “Why All You Need Is One Page” WCCT 2016 Talk 2023
- “Going Niche with One Page Love” WCCT 2013 Talk 2023